I need to extend my virtual Windows HD from 2GB to 4GB.
1. in terminal type (NOTE: HD must be clear from snapshots – delete them from menu: Virtual Machine > Discard Snapshot )
sudo /Library/Application\ Support/VMware\ Fusion/vmware-vdiskmanager -x 4Gb [DON'T PRESS ENTER]
2. drag and drop into terminal your virtual HD (in your Documents : Virtual Machines : YOUR_VM and Show Package)
/Users/Albert/Documents/Virtual\ Machines/Windows\ XP\ Professional\ copy.vmwarevm/Windows\ XP\ Professional.vmdk
3. RUN long command
4. when it is finished, You have to change permition back to you just in file Windows\ XP\ Professional.vmdk
5. run Virtual Windows (VM shows 4Gb but disk c: shows still 2Gb) – we need to expand parttion:
6. in windows run command: diskpart.exe
7. Type list volume to display the existing volumes on the computer.
8. Type Select volume # where # is number of the volume that you want to extend.
9. Type extend size=2000 where 2000 is extended size in MB.
that's it! enjoy